Eating more veggies doesn’t have to be bland or boring.
I know for me, eating veggies is a struggle unless I find a way to make them super tasty.
I call this recipe the “Super Spring Salad.”
You can’t go wrong with the combination of lemon and olive oil in a salad. Then add an apple and garbanzo beans and you’ve just blown your own mind.
It’s the perfect accompaniment to a meal or great all by itself.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: None
- 5-8 ounces of your favorite greens (I use an organic Spring greens mix)
- Baby Carrots (large handful)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 small tomato
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1-2 tbls olive oil
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 1-2 pinches pepper
- Wash greens, baby carrots, cucumber, pepper, apple, lemon and tomato. Open can of garbanzo beans and drain.
- Rough chop the baby carrots, cucumber, pepper, apple and tomato.
- Zest the lemon using a zester or cheese grater. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into a bowl. Remove any seeds.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add Olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with hands.
Pro tip: This salad goes great with your favorite protein (I like chicken).
Try it and let me know in the comments what you think!