Love egg drop soup? So do I!
I have been making this for years (thanks mom for teaching me).
It’s a little different than the bland egg drop soup you order at your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s so simple to make, high in protein, has lots of veggies and will take you to flavor town!
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
- 1 lb raw chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3-4 tsp chicken boullion
- 8 eggs
- 4 green onions
- 5 ounces baby kale or spinach
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put chicken stock, water, minced garlic, and chicken bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and boil for 12-15 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and chop into bite size pieces. Then put chopped chicken back into boiling stock.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add to pot while stirring continuously with a fork for 1 min (this makes the eggs “wispy” and avoids them from getting clumped together)
- Add kale, green onions, and sesame oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pro tip #1: If you like spicy, add sriracha to individual servings.